Mobile: How to E-Sign a Proposal
A proposal, such as an engagement letter or contract, is used to define the scope of engagement between you and an accounting or tax-prep firm. Your accountant creates a custom proposal specifically for your situation. Usually, you have to sign the proposal electronically before the firm starts performing services for you.
Once you have a pending proposal, you’ll see a notification in the Home section under the Proposals & ELs subsection. Click the notification to open the proposal.
To see all proposals that need your attention, tap the Proposals & ELs button in the Home section or the same button in the More section.
You’ll find the following information about your proposals here:
- Name: The proposal’s name.
- Date: The date the proposal was signed (only applicable to signed or unfinished proposals).
- Status: The status will be the date the proposal was signed if you have already e-signed the proposal or started filling it out. If the proposal has not yet been e-signed, the status will be Pending.
- Status icon: Proposals you have already signed have the green check mark, proposals you started filling out are marked with the grey clock mark and those that are pending have no icon.
Click Load More to see other proposals waiting for your action.
To review and sign a proposal, follow these steps:
1. Tap on the proposal’s name.
2. Review the contents of the proposal, and tap the Next button.
3. On the Sign & accept screen:
- Tap the Your signature box.
- Toggle Accept terms.
- Tap Complete.
It's done! Your accountant will be notified that you have finished filling out the organizer.
Printing a proposal
You can easily print any proposal, whether pending or signed. Tap the name of the proposal to open it, then tap the Print button at the top right of the page.