Prepayments & Credits
What Are Credits?
Generally, you get an invoice, and you pay it with a debit/credit card or digital check, right? But what if you have TaxDome credits? Wait...how does someone get TaxDome credits?
Well, there are different types of credits and several ways you to get them:
- Promotional, discount or refund credits: If you’re eligible for a discount or a bonus, your accountant adds it to your account as a credit.
- Offline payments: If you pay for a service in cash, your accountant adds that payment manually to your account as a credit.
- Prepayments: You may want to pay for a job in advance, and that money will sit in your TaxDome account as a credit until you’re ready to use it.
Making a Prepayment
To make a prepayment:
- Go to Invoices or the Home tab.
- Click Make Prepayment.
- Type in the amount, then click Submit.
- Enter your bank account or card details, then click Pay.
Your payment window will look like this (the display varies depending on the firm’s default payment provider).
Note: Payments are made through a secure credit card processing service. We don’t store payment details.
Once you have available credits, they’re displayed in the Invoices tab. Your accountant receives a notification of your payment.
Paying an Invoice With Credits (Fully or Partially)
Use your credits to pay your invoices, whether fully or partially.
- If your available credit is more than or equal to the amount you owe, pay the whole invoice with it. Click APPLY PREPAYMENT.
- If your available credit is less than the amount you owe, pay part of the invoice with it. You’ll need to pay the rest with a credit/debit card or digital check.